Evaluation criteria of the “Men’s Bodybuilding” category in the UFBF federation
- Each participant is called out to the stage individually in the order of numbers and has a maximum of 60 seconds to perform the free program.
- The total composition of the category is called out to the stage in the order of numbers and is formed in equal numbers along the diagonal lines on each side of the stage. The central part of the stage remains free to call out the athletes and compare them in the following poses in the specified order:
- Front Double Biceps;
- Front Lat Spread;
- Side Chest and Triceps;
- Back Double Biceps;
- Rear Lat Spread;
- Side Triceps;
- Abdominals and Thighs;
- Most muscular pose.
- The Chief Judge then calls out the athletes in order of numbers for comparison in the obligatory poses after a quarter turn. The number of athletes called is determined by the Chief Judge.
- The category’s winner is determined by the sum of points in the free and required programs.
Requirements for the appearance of athletes:
- At all rounds, participants must be dressed in plain, non-distracting swimming trunks made of fibrous fabric, which must be clean and free of defects. Metallic materials such as gold or silver or shiny rubberized material cannot make swimming trunks. There must be no commercial advertising on the participant’s swimming trunks and/or body. If the participant’s trunks do not comply with the followed the rules or do not meet an acceptable standard of taste and decency, the Chief Judge has the right to order the participant to change the trunks; otherwise, the participant may be disqualified.
- The participant’s number must always be securely attached to the trunks on the torso’s left side.
- During the judging, participants may not wear shoes, watches, pendants, chains, bracelets (on the wrists or ankles, except for pass elements approved by the Federation).
- The use of props in the second round and/or during the comparison is restricted.
- It is forbidden to use vulgar, obscene, and/or profanity in music for a free program.
- It is forbidden to apply additional tanning products on competitive tanning (oils, moisturizers, skin creams, sunscreens, and similar products).
Current categories in the UFBF federation:
- Men’s bodybuilding – juniors (till the 24 y.o);
- Men’s bodybuilding – masters (over than 40 o);
- Men’s bodybuilding – up to and including 65 kg;
- Men’s bodybuilding – over 65 kg and up to and including 70 kg;
- Men’s bodybuilding – over 70 kg and up to and including 80 kg;
- Men’s bodybuilding – over 80 kg and up to and including 90 kg;
- Men’s bodybuilding – over 90 kg and up to and including 102 kg;
- Men’s bodybuilding – over 102 kg.